• Selena was born on April 16, 1971 • Selena and Chris once vacationed in Jamaica • Selena recorded "Buenos Amigos" a duet with Alvaro Torres in 1991, her first #1 song • "Hey Buffy" and "You go girl" were some of Selena's fav sayings • Selena never took singing lessons • Selena had no middle name • "A boy like that" was recorded in 1994, it was a project to raise money for the Grammy's, it was released on the album "The songs of the West Side Story" • Some of Selena's fav artists were: Luis Miguel, Janet Jackson, Rocio Durcal • Selena began singing in Spanish at age 9
• Selena made her musical debut in her fathers restaurant Papagallos in 1981 • Selena began designing cloths at age 10 or 11 • Selena recorded her first album with Freddie Records in the early 1984 • Selena was a spokes person for: Coca-Cola, AT&T and Southwestern Bell and Agree Shampoo (Dep Corp) • In 1993 she recorded a public service announcement for the battered woman's shelter, it was reported that every time Selena's tape "Put an End to Pain" aired, the phones rang off the hook with Spanish speaking callers • Johnny Canales, the TV Show Host, took Selena Y Los Dinos to Mexico for her first concerts there •The tragic day of Selena's death was also to be the day that Johnny Canales married, he considered canceling the wedding, but instead he and his bride dedicated their wedding to Selena. • Shelly Lares (another Tejano singer) once sang backup for Selena • Shelly invited Selena to a rehearsal in 1988 and was introduced to Chris
• Shelly was approached by YS before Selena about starting a fan club • Selena's favorite food was double pepperoni thin-crusted Pizza • Selena told Chris she loved him in 1991 at a Pizza Hut in the Rio Grande Valley • Selena and Chris were married on April 2, 1992 •Selena wanted 5 children •"Ven Conmigo" was the first Tejano album to go Gold • Selena won a Grammy for her 1993 album "Live" • Selena was nominated for another Grammy in 1995 for her 1994 album "Amor Prohibido" also her last completed album, English or Spanish • Selena performed 3 consecutive years in a row at the Houston Astrodome, each time breaking attendance records! • In 1992 when Selena went to Monterrey, MX for the first time she broke the attendance record with over 100,000 people, which still hasn't been broken. • Selena was on the TV Novella "Dos Mujeres, Un Camino"
• Selena also did a cameo in the film "Don Juan De Marco", she played a mariachi singer. • Selena's brother lived in the house on the left side of her parent's house an Selena & Chris lived in the house on the right side • Selena and Chris were planning on moving to another house on the outskirts of town, 10 archers with a lake view, Selena had already picked out the furniture, and the house was completed in August of 1995 • Selena's favorite flowers were white long-stemmed roses • Selena had a Porsche Carera, a motorcycle, a Ninja Kawasaki • She had a BMW but it was stolen and dumped into the sea so she replaced it with a Porsche with the encouragement of Chris
• Selena once went Bungee jumping on a dare • Selena never refused to sign an autograph • The designer that was helping Selena was Martin Gomez • Once a fan offered to give Selena a ranch! • Selena was named Lantin Artist of the Decade for the 90's • Selena was laid to rest at Seaside Memorial Park on April 3, 1995 • Selena collected Faberge Eggs • Univision has shown a few specials about Selena, each time she sets viewing records
Because Selena liked Fabrage Eggs, YS thought it would be a perfect gift for Selena. It has 52 diamonds, 18 karat gold, it has an 'S' on each side and on the top of the Egg. YS paid for the ring with Selena's American Express gold card. Selena never knew that her employees at both boutiques had collected the money to pay for it. Selena was clutching the ring in her hand when she died. The ambulance driver not knowing the significance of the ring returned it to the Quintañilla family. He found it when hosing out the ambulance, it was covered in blood. He said that he knew it was valuable and thought that the Qunintanilla's would like to have it back. (so sad)